23.1393GPP3GPP system - fixed broadband access network interworkingRelease 17Stage 2TS
This clause is related to the case when the UE has an established PDN connection via a Fixed Broadband Access Network using GTPv2 or PMIPv6 based S2b and wishes to establish one or more additional PDN connections over the same access. Since GTPv2 or PMIPv6 is used to establish connectivity with the additional PDN, the UE shall establish a separate SWu instance (i.e. a separate IPSec tunnel) for each additional PDN.
The description of supporting additional PDN connections with PMIPv6 based S2b is same as it is specified in TS 23 402 , clause 7.6.1. The description of supporting additional PDN connections with GTPv2 based S2b is same as it is specified in TS 23 402 , clause 7.6.3.
Figure 7.5-1: UE-initiated connectivity to additional PDN over a Fixed Broadband Access Network
1. The UE has performed the Initial S2b Attach procedure as defined in clause 7.2 and has an established PDN connection.
2. The UE repeats the procedure of clause 7.2, steps 6-9 for each additional PDN the UE wants to connect to, with the following exceptions:
– The IKEv2 tunnel establishment procedure for each additional PDN connection is initiated with the ePDG that was selected in step 1 in clause 7.2.
– For network supporting multiple mobility protocols, if there was any dynamic IPMS decision in step 1 in clause 7.2, the AAA/HSS enforces the same IPMS decision for each additional PDN connection.
– In Step 8, if no Gateway Control session over S9a for this UE, then the PCRF initiates the Gateway Control Session Establishment procedure with the BPCF. Otherwise, the PCRF provide new QoS rules corresponding to the new PDN connection to the BPCF using the Gateway Control and QoS Rules Provisioning procedure.