6A LTE test models requiring GNSS support
37.571-43GPPPart 4: Test suitesRelease 16TSUser Equipment (UE) conformance specification for UE positioning
Several LTE test models specified in TS 36.523-3  require the presence of a GNSS emulation. Those are:
– V2X services: refer to TS 36.523-3  clause 4.2.11
– Aerial UE: refer to TS 36.523-3  clause 4.2.12
The positioning simulator shall be capable of generating and broadcasting the following GNSS: GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BDS.
The ASPs at POS Port for the both test models are used to:
– Load a pre-defined test scenario into the positioning simulator.
– Start or stop generating and broadcasting satellite signals from the positioning simulator.
The ASPs at POS Port for V2X services are additionally used to:
– Trigger the positioning simulator to move in the test scenario to the next geographical area or zone.
– Trigger the positioning simulator to switch on/off the transmitter without stopping the UTC time sequence.
The ASPs at POS Port for aerial UE communication are additionally used to:
– Set an initial altitude above the sea level. Geographical latitude and longitude are defined in the test scenario and remain constant during the test execution.
– Trigger the positioning simulator to simulate a vertical movement in the test scenario towards a specified altitude level.