22.1403GPPMultimedia Messaging Service (MMS)Stage 1TS
The MMS shall be able to support various charging models, including:
– Sender pays;
– both Sender and Recipient pay their respective charges for message delivery;
– Recipient pays for receipt of messages from a VASP when there is a commercial agreement between the Recipient and the VASP;
– Sender pays for reply message on a per message basis.
– The third party who has a commercial agreement with the VASP (and possibly additional agreement with the operator and/or recipient) is charged for the delivery of the message to the recipient.
The MMS shall be able to support various charging mechanisms. The following charging characteristics may be considered:
– message types, length, storage time in the network, etc,
– delivering time, upload / download method,
– MM-sender / -recipient,
– number of messages sent,
– number of messages received,
– roaming conditions,
– location conditions,
– Indication of charging,
The MMS indicates to the recipient prior to the recipient downloading a multi media message whether the sender has paid or the recipient is expected to pay for the message.
– Prepaid subscriptions.
– Bearer of the message
The MMS shall support a standardized interface to transfer CDRs and other charging related information between the MMS system and the billing system for prepaid and postpaid billing solutions.