22.1733GPPIP Multimedia Core Network Subsystem (IMS) Multimedia Telephony Service and supplementary servicesRelease 17Stage 1TS
The IMS Multimedia Telephony with Enhanced Voice should fulfill the following requirements:.
– IMS Multimedia Telephony with Enhanced Voice should allow for significantly improved quality of user experience compared to IMS Multimedia Telephony with pre-Rel-12 voice services.
– It should be possible to achieve significantly better service quality than is possible with both Rel-11 3GPP narrowband and wideband voice services.
– IMS Multimedia Telephony with Enhanced Voice should be deployable in an efficient manner.
– IMS Multimedia Telephony with Enhanced Voice should efficiently use the transmission resource access and transport networks. It should also allow possibility to implement the new services on low-cost devices and network equipment with limited computational resource. With regard to transmission efficiency, it should exceed that of the pre-Rel-12 3GPP wideband voice service.
– Transcoding should be avoided as much as possible. If transcoding cannot be avoided, voice conversational quality degradation should be as limited as possible.
– The best possible quality should be delivered to all participants in conference calls.
Annex A (informative):
General terminal guidelines