28.3123GPPIntent driven management services for mobile networksManagement and orchestrationRelease 17TS
Figure 6.3.2-1 illustrates the procedure for create a new intent.
Figure 6.3.2-1: Procedure for create an intent
1. MnS Consumer sends a request to create an intent instance (see createMOI operation defined in TS 28.532 ) to MnS Producer with intent information for the new intent to be created. The detailed intent information see attributes (attribute which "isWritable" property is "True") of the concrete intent IOC defined in clause 6.2.
2. Based on the received request, the MnS Producer creates the concrete intent instance (i.e. instance of intent IOC) and configure the new created intent MOI with the received intent information.
3. MnS Producer sends a response (see createMOI operation defined in TS 28.532) to the MnS Consumer with attribute "objectInstance" of the created intent instance.
4. Based on the created intent instance, MnS Producer performs the feasibility check of the intent instance. MnS Producer can perform the feasibility check and get the results based on latest statistics of network or service performance metrics, historical experience (e.g. experience based feasible value range or threshold of performance gain), current operating status including network resource utilization and availability, prediction results based on network simulation system, and predefined checking rules or policies.
NOTE 1: Whether to perform the feasibility check can be determined according to the feasibility check enabling policy (e.g. enforce to perform feasibility check in any case, enforce to perform feasibility check in specific cases, not to perform feasibility check in specific cases, not to perform feasibility check in any case). And the feasibility check enabling policy can be predefined/configured in the MnS Producer or sent with the intent creation request from the MnS Consumer.
NOTE 2: No sequence restriction for above step 3 and step 4.
In case the feasibility check result is ‘feasible’, following step 5a-step8 are executed::
5a. Based on the created intent, MnS Producer identifies the MOI for managed entities (e.g. ManagedElement, ManagedFunction) and derives one or more executable management tasks (including deployment and configuration parameters) for these managed entities, then MnS producer deploys or configures corresponding managed entities with deployment and configuration parameters to satisfy the intent instance.
6. During the execution of the intent, MnS Producer continuously monitors intent fulfilment information.
7. MnS Producer analyses and adjusts the managed entities to ensure the intent is continuously satisfied.
8. MnS Producer should notify (see notifyMOIAttributeValueChanges notification) MnS Consumer about attribute "objectInstance" of intent instance and the intent fulfilment information (see intentFulfilmentinfo, expectationfulfilmentInfo and targetfulfilmentInfo defined in clause 6.2).
In case the feasibility check result is ‘infeasible’, following step 5b is executed.
5b. MnS Producer notifies MnS consumer about infeasib le for the created intent instance. The reasons why the feasibility check result is infeasible (e.g. invalid intent expression, the intent conflict) and corresponding recommendations also can be included in the notification.