26.5013GPP5G Media Streaming (5GMS)General description and architectureRelease 18TS
In this collaboration scenario, both the 5GMSu AS and 5GMSu AF are present. The 5GMSu AS resides in the external domain. While it employs 5GMS protocol and format for uplink media reception from the 5GMSu Client (M4u), norit performs content egest to the 5GMSu Application Provider over a M2u-like (M2u’) protocol and format (and therefore it is called 5GMSu-like AS). The 5GMSu AF is used to interact with the 5GMSu Application Provider at the reference point M1 for uplink media streaming provisioning System, and to interact with the Media Session Handler of the 5GMSu Client for providing Service Access Information, dynamic policy invocation and/or other uplink media streaming related functionality such as metrics reporting and network assistance). The Provisioning API (M1u′) and Ingest API (M2u′) may follow 5GMS specifications.
Figure A.13-1: Uplink media streaming AF in the trusted Data Network and AS in the external domain
Figure A.13‑2 provides a high-level call flow for this collaboration scenario.
Figure A.13-2: Call flow for uplink media streaming using content preparation with AF in the trusted Data Network and AS in the external domain
1. The 5GMSu Application Provider creates a Provisioning Session with its internal Provisioning function (M1u′).
2. The Provisioning function requests the 5GMSu-like AS to initialise the required content preparation process instantiation (M3u′).
3. The 5GMSu-like AS instantiates the content preparation process.
4. The 5GMSu-like AS acknowledges the Provisioning the instantiation of required process (M3u′).
5. The Provisioning function acknowledges successful provisioning to the 5GMSu Application Provider (M1u′).
6. The 5GMSu Application Provider creates a Provisioning Session for uplink streaming with the 5GMSu AF.
At some later point in time:
7. The 5GMSu Application Provider provides Service Access Information to the 5GMS-Aware Application at reference point M8u.
8. The 5GMS-Aware Application requests the 5GMSu Client to start an uplink streaming session (M6u/M7u).
9. The 5GMSu Client requests that the 5GMSu AF initialises uplink media streaming (M5u).
NOTE: This step is redundant in this collaboration, but occurs in order that other collaborations are supported.
10. The 5GMS-Aware Application requests the 5GMSu Client to start an uplink streaming session (M6u/M7u).
11. The 5GMSu Client requests Service Access Information from the 5GSMu AF at reference point M5u.
At some later point in time:
12. If remote configuration and control is activated, the 5GMSu AF configures and controls the 5GMSu Client remotely (M5u).
13. Uplink media streaming starts from the 5GMSu Client to the 5GMSu-like AS (M4u′).
14. If content preparation was initialized in step 3, the uplinked media may be manipulated by the 5GMSu AS prior to egest.
15. Media streaming egest starts from the 5GMSu-like AS to the 5GMSu Application Provider (M2u′).
16. The 5GMSu AS releases its resources after observing a period of inactivity.
NOTE: This step is implementation dependent.