26.5013GPP5G Media Streaming (5GMS)General description and architectureRelease 18TS
This scenario pertains to a media plane only collaboration for which the 5GMSu AS is deployed in the external domain and the 5GMSu AF is not involved. Specifically, reference points M1′ and/or M2u′ do not follow 3GPP specifications. This collaboration scenario is analogous to the scenario in A.1 in that neither the 5GMSu AF nor the Media Session Handler function of the 5GMSu Client is present/necessary for uplink media streaming operation. Similar to the collaboration scenario in A.11, M8u is used for the delivery of Service Access Information from the 5GMSu Application Provider to the 5GMSu Client via the 5GMSu Aware Application, and the reporting of UE application data from the 5GMSu Aware Application to the 5GMSu Application Provider. The Provisioning API (M1u′) and Ingest API (M2u′) may follow 5GMS specifications.
Figure A.12-1: Uplink media streaming (media plane only) with provisioning and AS in the external domain
Figure A.12‑2 provides a high-level call flow for this collaboration scenario.
Figure A.12-2: Call flow for Uplink media streaming using content preparation (media plane only) with provisioning and AS in the external domain
1. The 5GMSu Application Provider creates a Provisioning Session for uplink streaming with the 5GMSu AF (M1u′).
2. The Provisioning function requests the 5GMSu AS to initialise the required content preparation process (M3u′).
3. The 5GMSu AS initialises the content preparation process.
4. The 5GMSu AS acknowledges the initialisation of the required process (M3u′).
5. The Provisioning function acknowledges the successful creation of the Provisioning Session to the 5GMSu Application Provider (M1u′).
At some later point in time:
6. The 5GMSu Application Provider provides Service Access Information to the 5GMS-Aware Application (M8).
7. The 5GMS-Aware Application requests the 5GMSu Client to start an uplink streaming session (M6u/M7u).
8. Uplink media streaming starts from the 5GMSu Client to the 5GMSu AS (M4u).
9. If content preparation was initialized in step 3, the uplinked media may be manipulated by the 5GMSu AS prior to egest.
10. Media streaming egest starts from the 5GMSu AS to the 5GMSu Application Provider (M2u).
11. The 5GMSu AS releases its resources after observing a period of inactivity.
NOTE: This step is implementation-dependent.