26.5013GPP5G Media Streaming (5GMS)General description and architectureRelease 18TS
This uplink collaboration scenario pertains to a media plane only collaboration for which the 5GMSu AS is deployed in the trusted Data Network. Here, the 5GMS System is assumed to offer uplink streaming capabilities as a service to an external 5GMSu Application Provider. This collaboration scenario is analogous to the scenario in A.2 in terms of the use of M8u (as opposed to M8d in A.2) for the delivery of Service Access Information from the 5GMSu Application Provider to the 5GMSu Client via the 5GMSu Aware Application, and the reporting of UE application data from the 5GMSu Aware Application to the 5GMSu Application Provider.
Figure A.11-1: Uplink media streaming (media plane only) with AF and AS in the trusted Data Network
NOTE: Although provisioning at reference point M1 is shown in figure A.11-1 between the (external) 5GMSu Application Provider and the 5GMSu AF, due to the absence of reference point M5u in this diagram, there is no control plane collaboration between the 5GMSu Application Provider and the 5GMS System.
Figure A.11‑2 provides a high-level call flow for this collaboration scenario.
Figure A.11-2: Uplink media streaming using content preparation (media plane only) with AF and AS in the trusted Data Network
1. The 5GMSu Application Provider creates a Provisioning Session for uplink streaming with the 5GMSu AF.
2. The 5GMSu Application Provider creates a Content Publishing Configuration as part of the Provisioning Session that defines the instructions for content egest (M1u).
3. The 5GMSu AF, based on the received Content Publishing Configuration, requests the 5GMSu AS to instantiate the content preparation process (M3u).
4. The 5GMSu AS initialises the content preparation process.
5. The 5GMSu AS acknowledges the initialisation of the required process (M3u).
6. The 5GMSu AF acknowledges the successful creation of the Content Publishing Configuration to the 5GMSu Application Provider (M1u).
At some later point in time:
7. The 5GMSu Application Provider optionally provides Service Access Information to the 5GMS-Aware Application (M8).
8. The 5GMS-Aware Application requests the 5GMSu Client to start an uplink streaming session (M6u/M7u).
9. Uplink media streaming starts from the 5GMSu Client to the 5GMSu AS (M4u).
10. If content preparation was initialized in step 4, the uplinked media may be manipulated by the 5GMSu AS prior to egest.
11. Media streaming egest starts from the 5GMSu AS to the 5GMSu Application Provider (M2u).
12. The 5GMSu AS releases its resources after observing a period of inactivity.
NOTE: This step is implementation-dependent.